Our Story

Moiteur is Veteran Owned.

Jerry and Deborah began Moiteur together in 1992 and both play integral roles in the business. They were married in 1971.

The Moiteur Story:
Life Produces Life

Deborah’s Path

Deborah was a licensed nurse when she developed Moiteur products, in 1992. As a burn nurse, she became disillusioned with western, allopathic medicine when she realized the topicals and pharmaceuticals used on her patients did not heal their skin. Her doctors gave her no hope for her years of suffering with eczema and adult acne with the subsequent scars that were embarrassing and humiliating.

She looked for alternatives and became a certified herbalist at Dr. John R. Christopher’s School of Natural Healing. Deborah sincerely asked God for a formula that would heal her own skin and her burn patients’ severely damaged skin.

Deborah’s story: Developing the products and the legacy of their son, Jerry Robert.

Botanical-by-botanical, Deborah was given a formula that utilized historically proven, bioavailable ingredients. She knew she would always use them in their ‘whole’, ‘live’ state to keep the integrity of their God given efficacy and power.

The formulas worked on her skin as well as her patients. Family and friends noticed and asked her to make them available. Thirty + years later, testimonials from hundreds of Moiteur users attest to their effectiveness.

Moiteur products were borne out of Deborah’s deep desire to assist others and offer healthier alternative beauty products that are truly effective.

Deborah’s family has been in Colorado for three generations. Moiteur is a Colorado company in the greatest sense: Aligned with the principles of natural health, rugged self-reliance, and entrepreneurship. Deborah attributes her interest in botanicals, holistic medicine, and natural healing to her Russian roots.

Deborah, Founder and Creator

Deborah, Founder and Creator
Age 50 and Age 71

Her maternal great grandparents settled in Colorado in the early 1900s. In 1935 her paternal grandfather founded one of the most successful concrete precast companies in Colorado. It is still owned and operated by family members.

Deborah was a pioneer in natural skincare in the early 90s. She sold her products in natural products, specialty, and skincare stores. Today she sells direct, online throughout the USA.

Jerry’s Path…

United States Armed Forces emblems
Jerry served a total of 17 years in three branches of the U.S. military with three Honorable Discharges and a Purple Heart.
  • Joined the Marines in 1966. Awarded the Purple Heart Medal, November 28,1967. Honorably Discharged, 1972.
  • Joined the Army Mountain Man Division, 1972. Honorably Discharged, 1979.
  • Joined the Navy Seabees, 1989. Honorably Discharged, 1993.

More About Jerry

At the age of 19, Jerry joined the US Marine Corp on June 6, 1966 from his home state of Minnesota. After basic training and communications school, he was placed in the First Marine Division and was sent to the front lines of Vietnam.  The life expectancy for anyone in this Division in Viet Nam was seventeen days.  On his seventeenth day he and his friend, Gary, were both hit by incoming, enemy rounds.

Both men were blown backwards, lying side by side, head downhill on a knoll. Gary was hit in the chest and faintly uttered, ‘Help’, three times as his chest was exposed, and blood spewed profusely from his chest flowing down both sides of his neck.  Jerry was incapacitated and unable to move due to severe injuries. The Commander came down the hill and pronounced Gary as ‘Gone’. They attempted to carry Jerry down the hill by the legs as his legs were aimed uphill, but the muddy trek proved impossible. More help came and Jerry was put on a stretcher and taken down the hill to the BAS bunker. They were out of morphine and all they had to offer Jerry for pain was whiskey and a cigar. 

The official telegram from General Wallace M. Greene Jr., USMC Commandant of the Marine Corps, stated, “Gerald R. Toczek USMC was injured 24 September 1967 in the vicinity of Quang Tri, Republic of Vietnam.” (This area, although deemed the Demilitarized Zone, DMZ, by the military and media was more cynically labeled by the troops themselves, the ‘Dead Marine Zone’.) 

Jerry sustained six wounds (left ankle, right knee, right thigh, right hand, left shoulder, and abdomen) from hostile artillery fire while in a defensive position.  He was taken via helicopter to a field hospital which was subsequently also severely hit. He was unaccounted for and ‘lost’ for 8 days along with all his medical records.  He awoke on October 2, 1967, with gangrene in his left leg and ankle, in isolation, in a room at the US Naval Hospital, Yokosuka, Japan.  On October 28, 1967, he was transported by a medical transport plane to Oakland Naval Hospital, California, where he was treated for 18 months. It was there, while in recovery, at the age of 20 he was awarded the ‘Purple Heart Medal’, November 28, 1967, by General Robinson. He was honorably discharged from the USMC on April 22, 1972.  

Historical Note:  Between September 19 – 27, 1967, in a massive attack by artillery fire on Con Thien, the North Vietnamese fired more than 3,000 heavy artillery, mortar and rocket rounds against the Marine battalion at Con Thien (Combat Base near DMZ).  In response, the US artillery returned 12,577 rounds, Navy gunships fired 6,148 rounds and the US fighter /attack aircraft flew 5,200 missions against the enemy firing positions.  Significance: This attack was one of the heaviest North Vietnamese artillery bombardments against American troops during the Viet Nam War and was the first phase of what was the Communist 1967-1968 Winter/Spring Campaign. It culminated in the legendary 1968 Tet offensive.  

Jerry and Deborah believe God miraculously protected during this time for specific future He had planned for him.

Jerry joined the Army Mountain Men division in 1972. The Mountain Men were a mountaineering battalion, trained in cross country skiing, climbing and repelling mountains for military service. On August 22, 1979, Jerry was named the unit’s most outstanding soldier, being selected for the ‘Best Soldier Award’ during training camp and promoted to Staff Sergeant. He was honorably discharged August 26, 1979.

In 1989, Jerry joined the Navy Seabees, a construction battalion.  He was honorably discharged February 2, 1993.

Our Products